Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Viessmann Vitorond 100 destroyed my clay liner and is spewing red stains on my brick center chimney

2»

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,120
    A combination of conditions, small zone, looks like at least 6 zones, calling for just a few minutes an hour could prevent the boiler from ever running above condensing conditions. That condition could be present for 80% of the heating season?

And perhaps the boiler is oversized even for design conditions?

The GEO folks are starting to see problems from partial, small load conditions also. It's a worldwide problem both H&C loads :)

Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Over sized ,over zoned and over pumped on a boiler that has under a 300F stack temp isn't a good recipe.
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • JDJ
    JDJ Member Posts: 15
    Thank you Ed,and Hot rod. Do you think that my area reps. from Beckett and Viessmann should be aware of what you think the the cause is in these comments? I'm waiting for them to schedule a meeting here soon. My concern is I already had them here in December with the Viessmann reps. choice of technician. Maybe I need Another Expert? After so many I'm wondering f there's one around Southern Maine. I'm printing all the comments and highlighting what you all in the forum have suggested.

I'm really hoping this helps
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,517
    were all guessing because we haven't seen the job. but they are educated guesses.
  • hot_rod
    I would have guessed between the burner and boiler manufacturer they would have found a burner/ adjustment problem by now. But maybe not an obvious application or piping glitch?
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
  • hot_rod
    Data loggers are an inexpensive way to track conditions over a period of time. Track flue temperature and or boiler return for a few days. The answer will be in the numbers.

http://www.onsetcomp.com/products/software/bc37

Dirt cheap loggers on E-bay from time to time.

Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    JDJHVACNUT
  • JDJ
    Thanks Rod.
    Does anyone know of an expert that can come to my home and analyze my system top to bottom and write up a report on exactly what I should've done and need to do to make my entire heat/ hot water operate to its highest potential. And recommended what I should change if needed.
    I live in Southern Maine. The acorns will start dropping soon!

JDJ
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,431
    York? Kittery? Kennebunk?
  • JDJ
    Buxton, near Saco line,Saco River 04093 zip
  • kcopp
    Did you try Steinert out of Windham?
  • JDJ
    How do you know them ? Do you know if they are Viessmann trained? They are pretty close to me. And Thank you
  • kcopp
    I do not know them personally. My son goes to school up there and I know the company. A phone conversation w/ them should be able to tell you the info you need...
  • JDJ
    Thanks, kcopp