Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

pump curve

RJ_4
RJ_4 Member Posts: 484
Asking for help to find a B&G pump curve , could not find it on their website.
B&G 1510 series BF 5.50 125AC
S/N CS9637-01 J40
GPM 33
FT 30
1 HP
1600 rpm ( this seemed a strange RPM )

Thanks RJ
RJ

Comments

• Pumpguy
    Pumpguy Member Posts: 645
    Would you mind posting what application this pump is being used on, and what problem you are wanting to solve?

It could be the speed is for 50 HZ current. Typically the same motor @ 60 HZ will have a higher speed; 1750 RPM.
    Dennis Pataki. Former Service Manager and Heating Pump Product Manager for Nash Engineering Company. Phone: 1-888 853 9963

The first step in solving any problem is TO IDENTIFY THE PROBLEM.
  • RJ_4
    It is at our union training center lab, I just began instructing there, Using it for demonstration, dead heading pump etc to find impeller size. previous instructor no longer around, don't no where pump came from Canadian ?
    RJ
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,170
    Not Canadian -- they're 60 hz too. That is an odd rpm, though. Do you have a way to check the actual running rpm?
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,592
    edited April 2017
    Very good chance you could use this to check the RPM.
    https://www.amazon.com/Briggs-Stratton-19200-Tachometer/dp/B0044AV5VK

I have one and it works on most things, as long as there aren't multiple shafts spinning. I've even used it on my drill press motor.

As you turn it, a stiff wire extends out the side. As it gets longer and longer, it'll hit a point where it starts oscillating, a lot. It's a very narrow spot and you can usually get extremely close to the rpm something is running.

Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • RJ_4
    Thanks all, rechecked with B&G rep serial no.is nonexistent , the motor is actually a 208/230/460 1750 rpm motor, 1 1/4 pump, will go with a 1 1/4 AC curve pump mystery continues. will check rpm
    RJ
    ChrisJ
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,024
    has the motor been switched before?
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • RJ_4
    Not sure about anything appears the pump was donated to the J.A.T.C by someone, current instructors don't know where it came from. Update, just heard back from B&G Rep. the serial card was found It was registered as a 1800 rpm 1 hp 11/4 pump.
    Thanks to all, I can always count on the wall for help.
    RJ