Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

adding wall control to control heat and a/c for high rise condo unit with convectors

rosn Member Posts: 1
We own a one bedroom condo unit on the 39th floor of a high rise. Each unit has convector units that control the heat and air conditioning. If we want to add wall controls to control the heat and a/c, what type of contractor do I contact.? I believe the overall heat and a/c is controlled by a boiler system.


  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,373
    An HVAC/Mechanical contractor that knows commercial controls.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • While you are looking for the right contractor, can you tell us about the problems you now have with the system? Are you too hot in winter, or too cold in summer?
    I suspect that this is a symptom of a system wide problem, and that all work on the system should be done by the condo regime, as it is a common element, like the roof. If botched work is ever performed on one unit, it can have a negative effect for everyone.--NBC