Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Heat Timer Model EPU Blue Control Box

bxre.combxre.com Posts: 6Member
edited February 2017 in Controls
Hope all is well. My issue with this heat timer is the program clock dial is not operating or moving, preventing wand from clicking day into night mode therefore boiler giving heat 24/7...........
Thank You

Comments

• ZmanZman Posts: 4,811Member
    Did you check power to the motor? If you find and post a wiring diagram someone could walk you through it. There may be one on the back of the cover.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • AbracadabraAbracadabra Posts: 1,948Member
    If you have power to the timer motor, then motor is dead. Haven't touched one of these in a while, but I believe it's a replaceable part, similar to the motor on an intermatic timer.
  • bxre.combxre.com Posts: 6Member
    Thank you ZMAN & Abacadabra:

Had to replace the clock motor on the back of the panel which is identical to the part which motors the intermatic timer.

Part: Heat Timer Corp. 40000304 CLOCK MOTOR 24V 1RPH EPU,EPUCH

None of the plumbing or heating supplies stock this clock motor and Heat Timer does not sell it. Cannot even find it or purchase it online or Ebay, that's how rare this dinosaur part is.

Heat Timer requires to get a 3rd party to yank out the panel and sent it to there HQ in jersey for them to "service it" and after easily over a $1000 and weeks later you know the rest.

Luckily thanks to this website, I was able to find someone who did have the part and swapped it for me in 5 minutes and saved me a massive amount of $. You guys are the best! Thank You!
  • dalizddalizd Posts: 1Member
    Im in need of tge same part. The motor ti the timer is humming like a bee and doesnt seem to be moving the dial. Who can i contact for tge part or repair?
  • ScottSecorScottSecor Posts: 212Member
    The age of that unit looks like it may have soldered connections. We use to repair them on a regular basis, maybe once a year. Before putting it back in service, might want to check all the connections.
  • bxre.combxre.com Posts: 6Member
    edited November 2018
    There is a business in Staten Island that has the part and will charge you around $100 with part and labor.
  • There are lots of companies that make replacement motors. You need to have the most complete specs on the existing motor to make a match. Post them here and I will see what I can do to identify one. Posting a photo of the motor will help, too.