Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus & Dianorm radiators

Options
I'm considering both these radiators and am having trouble telling if there is any difference at all in their build quality, but I don't have them right in front of me for comparison. They appear to be identical- same integrated valve, same attachments, same appearance, same nomenclature (Type 22, type 33, etc.)

Has anyone worked with these and can tell me if there is a quality difference, or is this an example of two different manufacturers ordering their parts from a single supplier and price should be my only consideration?

Comments

• GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,692
    Options
    I've worked with the Buderus rads a bit but more so the Hydronic Alternatives rads. In my most humble of opinions I suspect they're all the same.
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    I also have worked with both and believe they come out of the same factory.
    I have had customers that feel they project from the wall too far.
    The runtal panel radiators are more streamline and the actually hang of the wall.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Options
    Both Buderus and Dianorm are very similar. They each use a different style TRV head. At last count, there were more than a dozen companies producing the pressed steel radiators in Europe. At least 3 are imported into N. America.
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I also have used 3 different Panels rads. I have Buderus in my home. I currently use Biasi and Hydronic alternatives. Quality is all about the same. Biasi is pricewise a better value. The Hydronic alternatives versions have a greater selection in size and shape.
    33 series is going to be hard to get in Buderus... long wait from Germany.
  • roundrightfarm
    roundrightfarm Member Posts: 54
    Options
    I had thought the Hydronic Alternatives rads were Buderus. Am I wrong about that?
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
    Options
    Not the same... although similar.