Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Is a Honeywell 3-wire R182A 1004 relay a suitable replacement for an R19A1K 3-wire relay?

Skibum05Skibum05 Posts: 2Member
This is for powering on my circulator pump. The Honeywell R19A1K -- 3's relay has quit working, and I cannot find JUST a replacement relay to solder into the old relay box, so I'm looking to replace the entire relay box. Unfortunately I can't find any R19A relay boxes for sale anywhere (eBay, Craigslist, Amazon, HVAC dealers, etc.) to use with my bi-metal Series 10 3-wire thermostat. The Honeywell 3-wire R182A 1004 SPST relay sure looks and sounds like it will work. Would just like to confirm before I spend unnecessary money on eBay.

Thanks to anyone who knows!
Ski - Cincinnati

Comments

• Tim McElwainTim McElwain Posts: 4,239Member
    Yes the R182 can be used. Both are Series 10 DPST thermostat controls wired R=W=B. You could also go with a two wire thermostat and use an R845 relay. You would drop the R red wire.
  • Skibum05Skibum05 Posts: 2Member
    Perfect! Thanks so much for confirming what I thought to be true. Yes, also realize I could "upgrade" to a 2-wire t-stat as an alternative.
    Ski