Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Tool Bag

Options
lchmb
lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
so again my tool bag has worn out. I seem to go through one ever year. Looking for something small as a response bag. Hoping to have two covered outside pockets, one for my multimeter the other for storage. Anyone seeing anything good that survives?

Comments

• EzzyT
    EzzyT Member Posts: 1,296
    Options
    Check out the Veto bags there outlast any other tool bags in the market
    E-Travis Mechanical LLC
    Etravismechanical@gmail.com
    201-887-8856
    kcoppIronman
  • lchmb
    Options
    I have..I'm still waiting on the loan dept to decide if I'm rich enough...but would be nice to buy one and be done for a few years...
  • Abracadabra
    Abracadabra Member Posts: 1,948
    edited January 2017
    Options
    if you aren't going to go with the veto
    klein tradesman pro hi vis
    made in the US too ;)

https://www.kleintools.com/catalog/tradesman-pro-organizers/tradesman-pro-high-visibility-tool-bag#
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,550
    Options
    Dry wall bucket
    JohnNY
  • solradman
    solradman Member Posts: 58
    Options
    I second the dry wall bucket, mine is divided into 4 sections. 2 six inch deep square boxes, one for screw drivers the other for wenches and pliers. 2-4" deep smaller boxes for shorter tools with 2-2 inch deep boxes below, one for sockets the other for 1/4" driver tips.
  • New England SteamWorks
    New England SteamWorks Member Posts: 1,505
    Options
    We're rather partial to this one. The bottom compartment sort of makes it. Some of us put a socket set under there, others a kit with common nozzle sizes. They hold up well.
    New England SteamWorks
    Service, Installation, & Restoration of Steam Heating Systems
    newenglandsteamworks.com
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,063
    Options
    For the last 10 years or so I have been using a tool bag with a solid handle across the top that goes down to the base. This is disguised as crutch to assist standing up after kneeling for any length of time. Adds some grace to aging ;), another serviceman whose knee failed him told me of crawling across the basement to get to a chair to help get up.....HO was not in the room thankfully.
  • njtommy
    njtommy Member Posts: 1,105
    Options
    I've been using the back pack bags buy Klein. I had a veto bag. I didn't like it. I do way too much walking ladders for side carry bags.
  • lchmb
    Options
    thanks guys...hoping to go find one next week. I am leaning towards the one steamworks posted..i've always used that style bag. Jughne, I've been dealing with a knee issue for about 6 weeks now and go for surgery Thursday...who said getting old was grand?
  • BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,478
    Options
    I can remember crawling into a sorting machine access hatch and having my go into spasms, took about 20 minutes for it to calm down so I could finish the repair and crawl back out. the bad back, bad knees, and suspect hips hips forced me into retirement almost 8 years ago.

Good thing the elbow still works,

Bob
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge