Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

PERT tubing

kcopp
kcopp Member Posts: 4,418
Now that Watts has started selling this product more have any folks here used it in a slab application. I have a contractor friend who linked a section and wants to heat it up to get out the kink... vs a coupling in the slab. Getting conflicting info from Mfg reps.

Comments

• GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,691
    I've got about 5000 feet of it in my home and it's all we use for radiant jobs
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • kcopp
    edited December 2016
    Ever had to fix a kink?
    Are you using the Hydronic Alternatives brand?
  • GW
    I'm old school with kinks, I cut it out. I honestly didn't know one could heat it until recently. Yes I use the HA.
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • kcopp
    @GWilson ... you say you cut it out. Coupling? Which type? I have heard the conventional barbed insert fitting and then the Uponor/ Wirsbo type can be used.
  • GW
    That's odd, I would recommend calling HA, if Paul isn't available ask for Steve.

I must say I don't ever recall kinking a slab run, yet the several times I've kinked a 3/8 line for dry floor I just used Veiga couplings

I suspect you've been give lame advice, give ha a buzz.
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • kcopp
    Thanks..... it wouldn't be the first time I either misunderstood someone or got bad direction.
  • GW
    I am almost positive you can heat it right up let it cool you're good to go.
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • kcopp
    This is the Watts product. I presume it is the same basic product as the Hyd Alt or the Roth.
  • GW
    Paul knows the Dow Chemical dudes that make the resin, he knows all this stuff...which manufacturer has what spin on what tube

Steve can answer your questions if Paul is out.
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com