Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Alpine 399 Fan lockout

Options
marrazz
marrazz Member Posts: 2
I was working in a house we re-built, and installed an Alpine 399 boiler years ago and drilled into a piece of 12-2 wire. After a large flash and no drill bit I re-set the breaker in the panel. This was NOT the same breaker that supplied the Alpine boiler. When leaving the job I noticed no hot water (domestic Loop) and saw the lock out as #19 Purge fan motor. Any insight as to what may of failed? The main board and display are operational, the fan will not run. I will check this morning for high voltage at the plug on the induction motor. Is there a fuse to protect the motor, or is there a good chance the motor is fried? Any help would be greatly appreciated
Desperate Dan in Langhorne PA

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    Did you try cycling the boiler power?
    Was the boiler circuit next to the one that tripped? Perhaps it has a shared neutral.
    How is the integrity of the ground at the electrical panel? Does it have a ground rod and another ground?
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • marrazz
    marrazz Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Zman,

I have cycled the boiler several times. It DID have a shared neutral on the common block of the electrical panel. There is both cold water pipe ground and a ground rod at the panel.
    Thank you,