Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

identifying "bobby pin" holding condensate trap (HTP Elite FT)

Options
Nom_Deplume
Nom_Deplume Member Posts: 91
edited December 2016 in THE MAIN WALL
Hi...homeowner here, with HTP Elite FT boiler. While cleaning the condensate trap under the boiler, I lost the "bobby pin" that keeps the trap from sliding down and falling off. It's the pin with one straight side and one wavy side.

I'm holding it up temporarily with a nail (and tape to keep the nail from sliding off due to vibration).

Perhaps I can get the right kind of pin at a hardware store or on the web, but I would be grateful if anyone would first tell me what it is called. The parts list in the manual has no mention of it that I can find....the parts diagrams do not include the trap at all. I did search for "lock pin" on the web, but didn't see anything that looks like that. Many thanks!

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,395
    Options
    I don't even have to look -- that sounds like a pretty darn standard from of "hairpin cotter". They come in a wide range of sizes, though... try Tractor Supply or a good hardware store, maybe even Home Depot or Lowes.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • Nom_Deplume
    Nom_Deplume Member Posts: 91
    Options
    That's it! Apparently also called a hitch pin according to web listings. Now I can go get one. Thanks a lot!