Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

David Broome Passing

Just wanted to pass along some sad news today. We lost a fellow member of our wonderful industry today. Mr. David Broome passed away earlier today with his wife and family by his side. I know many of you have learned so much from this man over the years (and yes some have had disagreement) but this is the place where I first met Dave at a steam session in Marlboro, MA so many years ago. David loved the WALL and loved to learn and spread the knowledge. Rest in Peace my friend.

Comments

• lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    thoughts and prayers to his family and friends...:(
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
    I wil miss the old bear. He was an interesting character in life and will be missed...

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,462
    I never met him but I do remember his posts.
    Seemed like a good guy.
  • Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,768
    Spoke with him several times , very knowledgeable and always willing to help . He will be missed .
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,396
    Oh My GOD!!!!!! I'm getting bombarded with deaths of so many in the last 20 days. David Broome was a true Southern Gent from The Early days of The Wall. We had several occasions when we spent two to three hours on the phone helping eachother cope with trajedy in our families. Ill miss you pal. Mad Dog
  • Sad to hear. He was a regular here on The Wall with so much inspiration, willingness to share, good humor and depth of insight. RIP, buddy.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,583
    A passionate man. Godspeed, Big Guy.
    Retired and loving it.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,786
    Sorry to hear the news. He spent a lot of time here in the early days. A place in hydronic heaven for him, no doubt
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,632
    One of the originals here on the wall. Always made postings interesting he will be missed.
  • Larry (from OSHA)
    Larry (from OSHA) Member Posts: 723
    I always appreciated his posts. My thoughts and prayers to the family and friends.
  • Alan R. Mercurio_3
    Alan R. Mercurio_3 Member Posts: 1,624
    Prayers and condolences to David’s family and friends. I had not corresponded with him for some time, but I remember and appreciate the times we did. RIP

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• BillW
    BillW Member Posts: 198
    Another joins the ranks. Dave was an interesting guy, and I remember him well from the early days of this great forum. Condolences to the family.
  • Remember him fondly. RIP brother.