Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Peerless pinnacle/ Munchkin/ HTP boiler

Options
jimzab
jimzab Member Posts: 5
I'm ready to challenge the experts. This may be a simple answer but the problem is becoming frustrating. Here we go. Peerless Pinnacle boiler 10Yrs. Launched the combustion blower. Called HTP who makes it for Peerless and was advised of the P/N of the new one to buy. Peerless was at $900. HTP < $300. The blower vane was different. Old was composite and the new was metal. New and improved. Old one most likely failed due to the closeness of the exhaust and intake recommended buy the manufacturer. Very acidic gases being brought back in to create havoc. After replacing the combustion blower, I'm having problems. On call the boiler goes into purge mode as designed. It checks the exhaust vent switch open then goes into purge mode. The exhaust vent switch should stay closed for the duration to allow the boiler to ignite. The combustion blower is winding down too slow for the switch to stay closed. The switch opens up and the computer tells it to shutdown. While troubleshooting I used a jumper wire to fake out the proper function of the vent switch. The boiler runs great until it has to shut down and restart. I'getting ready to install a timed delayed relay to make it right. Any thoughts.

Comments

• njtommy
    njtommy Member Posts: 1,105
    Options
    Check your specs on the pressure switch you will most likely find your answer. Also if they changed the RPMs or shape of the impeller it would create this problem among other big problems with efficiency and the way the boiler was designed to operate. The cheaper solution is not always the best.
    Ironman
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    You're attempting to solve a problem by addressing the symptom and not the cause. Contact tech support and be persistent until you get someone who understands the issue and how to address it properly.

Changing the control design on a gas appliance voids any warranty and liability of the manufacturer and puts it all on you. If a disaster should happen, YOU are liable.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
    njtommy
  • Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Options
    Did you re-attach the plastic tube to the new blower?
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
    kcopp
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,061
    Options
    And in the right place. I service a Munchkin and have tried more than once to connect the plastic tube to a dormant horn on the blower. It looks like it should accept the hose and it fits fine, but goes nowhere and does nothing.
    I have marked the correct port with a sharpie for my yearly visit.
    kcopp