Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus out of the Solar Business ?

Derheatmeister
Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,573
i "inherited" a Buderus SKS 4.0 inert gas type solar system up here in the High Rockies that has developed some leaks on some of the joints. The system is only a couple years old and i would like to help save this system by replacing the Flex Connectors for the customer.
I was told by our supplier that Buderus is no longer in the solar business..They (Buderus) will not even call back and the supplier is having a hard time trying to obtain parts..
Has anyone else had these same problems ?
The part number that i have is 7 747 021 986 which is for a connection set
I also am in need for the Flex connectors which i do not have a Part number for.
Any solutions? Any"old" stock somewhere laying around ?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Der Heatmeister.

Comments

• kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,462
    I do know that many of the solar thermal companies and closing because they just cant compete w/ PV and the cost of energy being lower than normal....

Granite group here in New England may have some stuff in their Vermont warehouse.
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,440
    Bosch (Buderus) has withdrawn their solar from the N.American market, but they are required to maintain inventory for warranty.

I took me a year :# to get eight panels for warranty, but I finally got them.

You need to contact them directly.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    Not good. They've dropped other products too, and my local distribution has stopped stocking them. Had a lot of promise 15 yrs ago. The finicky WS 3/Riello soured me big time.
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 16,062
    I had the same issue about two years ago with there push on o ring fittings. Found out they were getting out of the solar market (still in it overseas I was told). I finally did get the fittings but it took a while ordered through F.W Webb Co
  • Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,573
    I wanted to thank everyone for their responses. I will try these leads. This has been very frustrating. So much for going Green Buderus! Robert Bosch would be turning around in his grave.
  • j a_2
    j a_2 Member Posts: 1,801
    There is a lot to be said about cast iron boilers,cast iron radiators and a simple 40 gallon water heater...
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,396
    Goes to show.....what happens when a very excellent company (Buderus) sells out to multinational JUGGERNAUT....Sad Day on that . Mad Dog
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,786
    There had to be close to 100 solar thermal companies in the US market back in 2007- 2009. I think Viessmann is the only European left, and a handful of American brands.

Cheap oil, disappearing incentives took its toll on the industry. Follow the money
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream