Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

house water filtration system needed

zepfan
zepfan Member Posts: 403
What is the best water filtration system for a house? any suggestions would be much appreciated. I have a customer that has a home that is two years old, and is on city water no well. They are complaining that the water is leaving black streaks in the sinks, and around the shower heads. The homeowners have said that several of their neighbors are having the same issues, and that the ones that have inquired about the issue have been advised to install a filtration system. Thanks to all

Comments

• Whose advice was it to install a filtration system? There are different filters for different impurities, and so it would be necessary to know what needs to be filtered out.
    If this advice came from the water supplier, then they would have an analysis of various minerals, chemicals, etc in the water they are supplying.--NBC
    kcoppSolid_Fuel_Manzepfan
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 24,095
    Black streaks sounds like manganese, but you should get a full professional analysis and recommendation on it, as there are many different filters/treatment devices and they all attack different things -- and the wrong one is worse than useless.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    SWEIzepfan
  • RomanGK_26986764589
    RomanGK_26986764589 Member Posts: 229
    edited November 2016
    @zepfan I use Kinetico water filtration in my house. So far so good. They usually come out to the house and test your water before recommending the appropriate filtration system.
    zepfan