Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Did you know.............

that if the insulated igniter cord on some TT Prestige models gets too close to a metallic object, it can bleed off voltage and prevent the boiler from firing?

This came about on a TT Prestige Solo we installed about 5 years ago. The cord was touching the vertical stainless steel exhaust flue and the boiler locked out on a "fail to fire" error code. It seems as though Honeywell modified the board from the original Phillips design (without telling Triangle Tube), adding a more robust transformer, sending a stronger current flow to the igniter which has led to these outages. They have issued a recall if you experience this problem.

TT Engineering Bulletin attached.

8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
rick in AlaskaZman

Comments

• delta T
    delta T Member Posts: 884
    VERY good to know, thanks! This may explain several strange intermittent E02's I've had over the years!
  • When I called Triangle Tube to get a replacement board to rectify the problem, they said the recall had expired and I would have to purchase the board. Pfffffft!

• tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,800
    Alan, we replaced quite a few due to transformer issues. It was actually they needed a stronger transformer to correct issue.
  • Thanks, Tim.

We switched out the boards yesterday and realized the old board was NOT the one recalled. It was one of the good boards.

Seems as though those MCBA boards were not very stable.