Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Mod/Con Boiler recommendation

Options
kanecats
kanecats Member Posts: 15
Hello All,
I have previously posted about all the problems I am having with my Peerless P80 boiler. It is now throwing more codes, and while I believe it will be solved with a sensor I have on order, I would like to consider a replacement. The boiler has been a problem from day one!

I was thinking about the Bosch, however I have a Tekmar setup with an outdoor reset switch, and would like to use my existing system. I believe the Bosch Greenstar only works with their FW200 module. I am slowly adding zones to what will become a whole house heating system, with a 40 gallon Peerless IDHW tank attached. Though a little undersized, I can fix that by adding a larger tank in the future, and bumping the temp an adding a mixing valve now. I am looking at a 100 BTU replacement. What are your thoughts on reliable boilers which can tie into my Tekmar controller and outdoor reset switch set up? Thanks!

Comments

• Snowmelt
    Snowmelt Member Posts: 1,415
    Options
    go with either a Navien Rannai or weil mcLain
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    You're going get as many answers as there are mod/cons. But I'll throw my preference in. Viessmann CU3A Vitocrossal
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
    jonny88IronmanSolid_Fuel_Man
  • Leon82
    Leon82 Member Posts: 684
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I believe the minfire on the green star is 30 or 50k btu. If you have small zones it may be a little too much
  • kanecats
    kanecats Member Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks All!
    @ Robert - I was specifically wanting units which would work with the tekmar controller! I did all the research on the Bosch and realized you have to use their outdoor reset. I thought others here would have more knowledge of the Tekmar setup and what would work best! Thanks...
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    Vitocrossal works with an external 0-10VDC signal
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.