Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Bryant. 90% 10 years old

Options
nwicc
nwicc Member Posts: 1
I have removed the t stat wires from board and manually jumped r and white to eliminate the t stat all together and now when I hold down safety switch and furnace will do its 60 second start up fan procedure and when it shuts down and goes in to heat mode the inducer motor will not come but I can here the click meaning the board is calling for the inducer to come on but it does not, well it has once and cycled 3 times but would not continue to maintain operation. And now it's doing the same thing and induceur won't come on.
What I have done for trouble shooting
Cleaned the condensate box and blew it out it was clogged so was a good procedure any way
I then I checked the venting and was free of debris and obstructions so I left disconnected at furnace to make sure 100%
I then unplugged the inducer motor from the connection point and ran operation and checked for 120v but have nothing, so I am curious if the board Is sending 120v to inducer if not is it the board?

Without inducer getting power I have nothing to further diagnose.

If you have any tips please feel free to send my way thanks

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,621
    Options
    Sounds like the relay on the board is not pulling in and sending power to the inducer. Replace the board.
  • John Mills_5
    John Mills_5 Member Posts: 951
    Options
    No error message on the LED?
  • delta T
    delta T Member Posts: 884
    Options
    Board failures do not always result in error codes....Hard to say for sure without being there, but 10 years old would not be unheard of for a board.