Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Anyone making Nickel plated plain radiator valves?

Options
Installing some new modern radiators in a very nice residence and they don't like the look of the bare brass or bronze radiator valves. These have to be packless because its a vacuum system. Plenty of trvs' are plated, but I haven't seen any manual valves that are plated.
To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.

Comments

• nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,578
    Options
    Why do the valves need to be packless, and what's wrong with having no valves-just TRV's?--NBC
  • gerry gill
    gerry gill Member Posts: 3,078
    Options
    We take valves to a local plater and get them done after market.
    gwgillplumbingandheating.com
    Serving Cleveland's eastern suburbs from Cleveland Heights down to Cuyahoga Falls.

• JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,069
    Options
    The TRV would look good and it sounds like it might fit into the budget compared to platting. However are TRV's tight enough to hold a vacuum??
  • The Steam Whisperer
    The Steam Whisperer Member Posts: 1,216
    Options
    Packed type radiator valves tend to leak air in vacuum systems, so were not used. I am concerned about the TRV's because they have such a small orifice, so steam will tend to favor the non-TRV radiators. I think most if not all TRV's are vacuum rated.
    It looks like custom plating might be necessary, like Gerry said.
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.