Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Any newer T-stats out there equal to Buderus Logamatic?

Options
D107
D107 Member Posts: 1,852
We have ten year old Buderus G15 with Riello 40F3, indirect hwh etc. working very well, and cleaner now with the bio-fuel. The 2107 Logamatic, Taco relay and Room Sensor/constant circ works well but its major fault is that it doesn't really allow a full-fire morning startup to make up for the two degree night setback--always takes a few hours. Also we have found whether using old standard t-stat or the current room sensor, each has its limitations. I'm wondering if any of the newer thermostats out there (the 2107 probably came out 15 years ago) can do a better job of anticipating heat needs, and while running the indirect aquastat.

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    edited October 2016
    Options
    While the 2107 doesn't receive a demand signal from a conventional stat, it does get feed back from the room sensor. So, changing the stat will not influence the 2107 or its control of dhw production.

The 2107 is capable of being programmed for nite setback that would mirror what your stat is doing.

Your nite setback is probably not saving any fuel. Unless you're doing it for comfort, I'd discontinue it.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • D107
    D107 Member Posts: 1,852
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Thanks Bob. Not sure if I made myself clear or provided enough info. House has two zones; originally we had regular T-stats running both zones via the 2107 and Taco relays. A few years ago we switched the main zone to a Room Sensor/constant circ. Have had good advice from Buderus over the years. There are some systems, perhaps ours, for which the Room Sensor is not well-suited. Our night setback is actually 1.6 degrees, very small and recovery should be easy. Buderus has said: "Room Sensor works very well with a system like radiant heat or the large cast iron radiators. Constant circulation usually provides more comfort, less temperature swings and less heating system expansion noises. If used in a baseboard system the room sensor should be placed in the "coldest" zone. Location of the room sensor is important because it will modulate the water temperature for the entire system (unless the Logamatic has the optional mixing module FM241)." Our main zone is fintube convectors; Zone 2 back porch is baseboard on a t-stat. Sometimes the Room sensor adjusts the water temp downward to the detriment of Zone 2 heating. That didn't happen as much when we had the Zone 1 T-stat instead of Room Sensor.