Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

hydraulic separator piping

dobro23dobro23 Member Posts: 63
just wondering "in your opinion" what the correct placement of the expansion tank, water feeder, and boiler side circulator is when using a hydraulic separator. I have searched online and have found all configurations. my experience in the field has shown that these components are almost always on the return side of the boiler circuit between the separator and the boiler return with the expansion tank and feeder on the suction side of the boiler circulator. i assume this is safe but is it best? with conventional piping ie no separator, i generally put my zone circulator(s) on the supply of the boiler just after the expansion tank/feeder. wondering why the hydraulic separator seems to always be reversed in essence by pulling the water through it and pushing it back into the boiler. hope this makes sense. what do you guys think?

Comments