Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Frigidaire Gas Oven Gets Warm But Doesn't Reach the Pre-Heat Temperature

Good morning.

I have an oven fed from propane that will fire up, but not reach the desired temperature. Would this be a thermostat issue? I can see the flame underneath, so I would assume that it is not an igniter.

Any suggestions?

Thanx.

Comments

• Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    Try PartSelect.com. They have an Instant Repairman section, and will steer you to parts that match your symptoms....i.e. 90% of the time, this symptom is this. They will also tell you how to replace the part.
    ratio
  • Steve_Slota
    Steve_Slota Member Posts: 25
    Thank you Paul!
  • Abracadabra
    Abracadabra Member Posts: 1,948
    I'd guess it's the thermostat. Do a bit of testing. Flame turns off? Check oven temp. When you open the door, flame turns back on? Close door. Turns back off prior to hitting set temp?
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,617
    Don't rule out the ignitor. I had the same problem with my nat gas oven. The ignitor connections were getting unreliable, & I would get flames, but not often enough to make it to setpoint. I replaced it & the problem went away. Later on, I found out that just unplugging it & plugging it back in would get it going again for a while.
  • Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    @ratio

I had the same problem. The only problem I had with the repair, was, they neglected to say that 2 different igniters were used on my model, and I needed to check the mounting. They showed 2 in the diagram, but recommended one, so I ordered that. You know the rest of the story....not a big deal though.
  • Steve_Slota
    I just did a test of the oven, and it actually reached the pre-heat temp. However once it did reach the temp, the flame sounded like it was struggling to stay lit. Almost sounded like a soldering torch when you crank the propane dial too high..
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,592
    What happens when you light the oven with the stove top burners lit? Does the flame size at the burners drop much?

Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • Steve_Slota
    The stove top has not been affected at all by this oven issue. Just tested all the burners on and lit the oven. There was not change in the flames up top
  • ratio
    edited September 2016
    (Oops, double post)
    I got a factory part the first time, but the second one was a generic part & I had to cut the plug off the end & wirenut it to the ignitor with the included ceramic wirenuts. I didn't care for that, but it failed completely before the replacement got here, that's when I figured out that unplugging it & plugging it back in would get it working for a while longer.

Curiously, it's lasted pretty long this time. Ha! Maybe it'll have failed when I get home tonight!

• Steve_Slota
    Hope you didn't jinks yourself Ratio!! lol
  • ratio
    I hope not too. Dinner is on the stove top today, ordering pizza tomorrow. Won't know for at least two days unless I do a test burn. :smiley:
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,042
    Gas pressure dropping? Though the top burners might drop also.
  • Steve_Slota
    Good morning Jughne. I haven't put a meter on the propane output, I just tested the stove top with the oven running. The fuel pressure looks good. I was still able to crank all (4) burners on high with the oven on. Just want to narrow this down first before I start ordering and swapping out parts.. Have a great day.