Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Any experience with Utica mod con boilers?

bruce_21
bruce_21 Member Posts: 241
Wholesaler says they're great, but then they are selling them. The design seems good with a fairly large diameter fin tube heat exchanger, but I wonder how much cleaning will be required of those hard to get at fins? What else am I not aware of here?

Comments

• Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,768
    The Utica and Dunkirks are both quality units . All boilers will require maintenance of the HX along with precautions in water quality to lessen the frequency and possible issues .
    Follow all manufacturer recommendations and warnings as with any equipment . You can feel confident in the Utica SS models .
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
    TinmanIronman
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,440
    About a year or so ago, I posted pics of one that I had installed three years prior. It was clean as a whistle.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • Aaron_in_Maine
    Aaron_in_Maine Member Posts: 315
    I've got about a dozen out there with no issues. Oldest one is 3-4 years

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• I've installed quite a few of the Utica SSC Mod-Con Boilers, they're great boilers that haven't required any cleaning, support from Utica is outstanding too.
    Thanks, Bob Gagnon
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.