Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

hw boiler code PA

HEATONHEATON Posts: 117Member
Does anyone know if the code, (L&I boiler division), requires a secondary limit control on residential boilers? PA installation. Thanx JH

Comments

• JUGHNEJUGHNE Posts: 6,532Member
    Would the operating control count as one and the high limit count as the secondary limit??

I know NE is a long way fm PA, but this state boiler inspector is requiring a secondary manual reset limit for commercial boiler that I hope to fire up next week. It will have outdoor reset control and operating control....both original. A man reset with insertion probe into the water, not strap on, has to be added.
    Also man reset LWCO.
    Again commercial and from a state that probably requires less safety controls than yours. FWIW
  • STEVEusaPASTEVEusaPA Posts: 3,840Member
    Residential...nope, according to NFPA. Just a limit control and a low water cut-off, properly installed. But it also depends on the AHJ. If they want one, you're probably going to have to put one on.
    steve
  • Jim PompettiJim Pompetti Posts: 552Member
    and a back flow preventer
  • JUGHNEJUGHNE Posts: 6,532Member
    In my case the local water supplier wants a testable BFP.
    It had none at all other than the pressure reducing valve since 1963 and is in a nursing home.