Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

How pumps can cause air problems in hot-water heating systems

HeatingHelp
HeatingHelp Administrator Posts: 664
edited August 2016 in THE MAIN WALL
How pumps can cause air problems in hot-water heating systems

Read the full story here

Boon

Comments

• Steve_35
    Steve_35 Member Posts: 546
    Too funny, Dan, but I have to ask. Did he really put 1000' of 3/8 tubing in?
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,583
    Doesn't everyone?
    Retired and loving it.
    Erin Holohan Haskell
  • mdilling2wmsdist
    mdilling2wmsdist Member Posts: 4
    Smokey obviously didn't get his diploma from the Hard knocks University. However he may have done a great deal to perpetuate the notion that being a heating professional doesn't take much thinking just put some pipe in, make it hot and the world is warm.
    This raises the question, "how do we convince the consuming public that there is specific science to properly designing and installing heating and cooling systems?" People need to learn to ask their contractor, "Can you provide specific documentation on your design for my application?" If the guy responds, "I've been doing this for 30 years, I just know what you need by looking at it". Smokey lives on despite being on the dark side of the grass.
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,747
    Except there is something to be said for experience. I like to listen to the Old Guys. (Can't call 'em Dead Men just yet...) A lot of them have solved the problem I'm looking at already & can get me to the solution a lot faster than I'd get there myself.

It is a judgement call, however.