Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Gas line sizing question

Options
lizardguy
lizardguy Member Posts: 6
edited May 2016 in THE MAIN WALL
3 yrs ago i converted to gas from oil. At the time i had gas in my house but only for the dryer, stove and HW heater. The boiler was gas. The contractor who did the conversion told me i needed to replace the existing 3/4" line from the meter to the boiler with a 1" line. I agreed and paid for this to be done. Fast forward 3 years to now, i am remodeling my home and the contractor pointed out to me that the 3/4" line i have still needs to be 1". For the last 3 years i had no idea they never replaced the 3/4" line. Now i am battling to get the original company to cone back and complete the job they did not. I have my paperwork from them listing the replacement gasline in 1" from existing meter to boiler. They simply installed a Tee and a 1"x3/4" coupling right at the boiler. What could be the ramifications of this undersized gasline over the last 3 years? I have noticed that my stove is far from reliable on cooking over the last few years, could this be related? Especially if i was cooking in the winter when the heat was on? Also more importantly could any damage to boilet internals or stove, HW heater or dryer internals have taken place? I know the added CO that could happen from this but have many CO detectors and never experienced an issue?

How would you go about this? Should i be ok with them simply replacing the line and be done or pursue further inspections of gas equipment?

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,625
    Options
    Please list the BTU capacity of each appliance and if possible a rough idea of how the gas lines are piped from each appliance as to length of piping?

What is the meter size and is the gas in the street high or low pressure?