Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

85%-88% commercial boiler.

hituw2x4
hituw2x4 Member Posts: 19
I am looking at a job that currently has two steel boilers about 1,000,000 btu a piece. One is leaking and they want to replace with a higher efficiency boiler. The heating system itself is high temperature fan coils so I don't see any reason in going condensing. I was wondering if any one had anything good to say about the RBI Futera III with 4:1 turndown. I am also open to others ideas. Also it's a tight installations so a cascade of smaller boilers wont really be an option.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• deadmansghost
    deadmansghost Member Posts: 32
    Have a look at "thermal solutions " boilers
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    The RBI is a fairly generic design. The only downside is the low mass and water volume. I have seen them installed in situations where they short cycle like crazy with light load situations. Take a close look at the lowest load in the system and be sure you are comfortable with the turndown ratio at that load.
    Many manufactures have comparable models so pick the one that has the best support for you.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Has anyone done a heat loss calc, or at least looked at the coil ratings? Most every commercial boiler we come across is oversized.

ODR works fabulously with air handlers, but the low end of the curve can take some tinkering to get right on those.

Unilux makes a great mid-efficiency boiler, but they start at 1,250,000 BTU/hr.
  • hituw2x4
    hituw2x4 Member Posts: 19
    Thanks all for the input I think the engineer has them convinced to install a cast iron sectional boiler, which seems like the best option.