Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Delta T Taco Circ not holding 20 deg diff.

Options
Rich Davis_2
Rich Davis_2 Member Posts: 117
Starting about 3 weeks ago I noticed that the inlet and outlet temp is of my TT PS60 is not holding the 20 deg diff. Sometimes it's a couple deg one way or the other, this evening I noticed it was 10 deg off at outlet temp of 160 it was reading 130 return, any suggestions? Thanks loads

Comments

• Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,766
    Options
    What type of heating system . Radiant , baseboard , radiators ?
    What were your conditions like 3 weeks ago as opposed to today . Are the sensors insulated , in wells ? Where is the circ in relation to the boiler , is it remote or right at the unit ?

Who designed and spec'd what was used ?
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
  • Rich Davis_2
    Rich Davis_2 Member Posts: 117
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. I designed and installed my heating system. In 2010 I attended Taco's class "The Complete Boiler Room" with John Barba as instructor and Triangle Tube's class on their boiler. My system uses a TT PS 60 and is piped 1 zone and 4 loops, pumping away. It has worked great fine for the last 4 years. The thermistor for the supply is located inside the boiler cabinet strapped to the pipe and the one for the return isolated outside the boiler strapped to the pipe and is covered with insulation. The circ. is located next to the boiler on the same board. The weather was pretty warm around Christmas and then got cold, in the teens at night, that's about the time it started messing up. Sometimes it's only a couple deg. off and others times it might be as much as 10 deg. off. Any thoughts?
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Options
    Bad thermistors maybe. Also maybe the thermistor in the boiler cabinet influenced by ambient temp inside cabinet. Try moving it outside the cabinet if possible. all though if it has been in place since 2010 that is not likely the culprit.
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    What about boiler output?

We're assuming the issue lies with the circ or its sensors, but if the boiler is down-firing because of an issue, then the delta T would be widened as the load increased.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
    GordyJean-David BeyerRich_49
  • Jean-David Beyer
    Jean-David Beyer Member Posts: 2,666
    Options
    I do not have a delta t circulator, but since my boiler has outdoor reset, it can drop the supply temperature to 80f if it is over 50F outside. If it did that, my hypothetical delta t circulator would have a tough time maintaining 20F delta t into my slab.
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Options
    I'm under the impression that this has been in place, and worked since original install in 2010?