Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Keeping hydrated. What to drink?

Options
2»

Comments

• jonny88
    jonny88 Member Posts: 1,139
    Options
    FranklinD as you get older???your 33 a young pup.I am going to have a beer for you.....
  • Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    Options
    jonny88 said:

FranklinD as you get older???your 33 a young pup.I am going to have a beer for you.....

That's what I thought! lol
    jonny88
  • Solid_Fuel_Man
    Solid_Fuel_Man Member Posts: 2,646
    Options
    I'm the cheap guy who has good well water. I rinse out 2quart milk jugs and fill with fresh water daily. No matter how much is left at the end of the day, it gets dumped and refilled every morning, generally it's about empty anyway. We go through that much milk weekly so my water jug get tossed and I get a "new" one weekly. As a bonus if its gets left on the jobsite (rare) I'm not out a nice water bottle.

I don't know how some guys can drink soda or other drinks while working, I just crave water pretty much all day.

SFM
    Serving Northern Maine HVAC & Controls. I burn wood, it smells good!
  • Dave0176
    Dave0176 Member Posts: 1,177
    Options
    Drinking a Ballantine XXX right now. I love beer. With all this snow, this a beer and wings day.......
    DL Mechanical LLC Heating, Cooling and Plumbing 732-266-5386
    NJ Master HVACR Lic# 4630
    Specializing in Steam Heating, Serving the residents of New Jersey
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/dl-mechanical-llc

https://m.facebook.com/DL-Mechanical-LLC-315309995326627/?ref=content_filter

I cannot force people to spend money, I can only suggest how to spend it wisely.......
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,740
    Options
    I guess that explains the shorts :)
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Options
    Grilled ahi tuna and and seared broccoli florets served over saffron basmati rice topped with a ginger-masala-sesame broth and a glass of Russian River pinot noir.
    jonny88
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Options
    I will assume that is not a frozen Japanese dinner Kurt
    SWEISolid_Fuel_Man
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    Options
    For 12 years now, I only drink two beverages - water and tea. I've had heat stroke 3 times. I'd rather work outside in 0* weather than 90* any day. The cold weather doesn't slow me down one bit. The heat stops me cold (pun intended). I hate working in the heat. I sweat more than any human being I know.
    Steve Minnich
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Options
    Try a bit of magnesium next time you have to work in the heat.
    Tinman
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Options
    I had a heat stroke victim on my job. He was dumping water on himself no one saw him doing it so one of the signs of not sweating was not recognized.

He started getting cramps so I told him to grab some shade, and sit down a while. He was drinking plenty of water, to much.

Go back to check on him out cold. Thought he was dead. After getting him to the hospital via ambulance It was found out he drank so much water he washed the electrolytes out of his system. Coupled with a weekend of heavy drinking did him in.

Just a reminder for heatstroke victims get body temp down fast ice cold water dumped on them if necessary the colder the better. This guy was 105 degrees not good.
  • Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    Options
    I've had a heat stroke twice. First time about four years ago working by my self to clear an acre lot I purchased across the street from me. Laid out in that field for about two hours before I finally struggled to get across the street and get some water in me and get into a tub of water. I was weak and sick for the next few days. Last time was year before last. I cut two acres of grass with a walk behind mower on a 95* day. Knew I was getting sick and needed to stop but I kept going to finish up. Made it back to my carriage house to put the mower away. Got to the door and fainted. Neighbors behind my home saw me laying in the driveway and rushed out with ice and water. I came to and laid there for a couple hours before I could get up. They wanted to call an ambulance but I said no way. Again I was sick for about a week. I no longer go that long without drinking a lot of water with electrolites in it. I sweat a LOT but when the sweating stops it's too late, at least for me.