Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Viessmann warranty

I just ordered a new circuit board for a Vitodens 200-W, B2HA-19 that we installed June 2015 that was acting up - it just stopped heating. The display showed a sun icon, meaning it is on warm weather shutdown even though we had low outdoor temperatures. Viessmann tech. support couldn't figure it out and said to change out the circuit board; provided at no charge, but I would have to pay postage; $150 next day air and no reimbursement for labor which is starting to stack up given that I have made multiple trips to the job to check and change the coding; suggestions from Viessmann.

Frustration, since I just went to an all-Viessmann lineup for my jobs. Bob Marshall, the then, new Viessmann rep. out of Reno came to me in 1997 and said that I should drop all other boiler lines and spec. only Viessmann. It took me awhile to realize that once I installed Viessmann equipment, I (usually) never heard from the customer again; nothing went wrong. I guess I've been spoiled by Viessmann; but it, set it up properly and you never have to go back.

Just ranting. Should have been a hedge fund manager. And I'm heavily investing in Powerball.
8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab

Comments

• GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,795
    Alan, sorry to hear, I have thousands of $ of brand new boilers sitting here. You and I are at the bottom of the heap.
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
    Robert O'Brien
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    I went out and found a 3rd Party Parts and Labor company that we developed a program with for our Viessmann customers providing they are Viessmann Partners. Basically in the end cost our Viessmann guys peanuts to give the customer 5yrs parts and labor out of the box. Labor rate is on point too.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Robert O'Brien
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,556
    Viessmann offers a 10 year parts only extended warranty also.
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • GW
    Robert, do you have a link on that? How long has that been in existence?
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • GW
    Chris, in my opinion, no one would honor a 3rd party warranty program other than the contractor that wrote the deal. I would politely decline any call that came my way with any reference to "you can bill the warranty company". Maybe other guys see things differently
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • Robert O'Brien
    GW said:

Robert, do you have a link on that? How long has that been in existence?

http://uncompromise.us/vipro/
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • CMadatMe
    edited January 2016
    That's the entire point Gary. Its not meant for a contractor who isn't a Viessmann guy and doesn't service his customers. Program I have is also transferable if the homeowner sells the home as well as any other Viessmann guy in the program can cover another guys call if he chooses.

I designed the program to give actual Viessmann Partners in the program an advantage over a guy that are not or the guy that only installs one or two a year.

Robert O'Brien
  • GW
    Ok I got lost a bit and didn't read the entire post. So is it 5 or 10? You and Robert talking the same thing?
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • Robert O'Brien
    GW said:

Ok I got lost a bit and didn't read the entire post. So is it 5 or 10? You and Robert talking the same thing?

Two different programs, Chris is a wholesaler and their program is for their customers only. If you are in the area Chris services, there is no better place to buy Viessmann products, great support.
    CMadatMeSWEI
  • Apologies to everyone, especially Viessmann. After the many hours spent with Viessmann technical support and changing out the circuit board, we come to find out that there wasn't enough flow through the boiler and there is no error code for that. You have to go to a specific coding address to find out the status.

After we installed the boiler, the water service failed and had to be replaced by another plumber. It seems that at one point, water siphoned out of the boiler and even though the water came back, there was an air bubble that slowed down the pump and prevented the flow switch from making.

Again, apologies to Viessmann. They provided exceptional tech. support and they are back on my "A" list.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
    Robert O'BrienSWEI
  • GW

GW said:

Two different programs, Chris is a wholesaler and their program is for their customers only. If you are in the area Chris services, there is no better place to buy Viessmann products, great support.
    yes the 'reseller' warranty plans make me squirm. That's awesome, Viessmann is getting modernized.

Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • GW
    Alan, it's cool!

it would have been a little better if there was a low flow code.

I asked this question at a warwick training once and can't remember the exact answer, but I was still scratching my head.
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • CMadatMe
    The 3rd party is the same company that does Peerless and other HVAC mfgs. I just skipped the middleman thus reducing the cost. Program operates no different then buying it through a equip mfg. We handle all the ordering, billing, so you don't have to. Nothing to squirm over.

Robert O'Brienjonny88SWEI
  • Robert O'Brien
    Chris said:

The 3rd party is the same company that does Peerless and other HVAC mfgs. I just skipped the middleman thus reducing the cost. Program operates no different then buying it through a equip mfg. We handle all the ordering, billing, so you don't have to. Nothing to squirm over.

I never squirm with RAL! :)
  • GW
    Right on, so your supply house does the filing with the warranty provider, or the contractor does the paperwork?
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • GW
    I have received an unofficial opinion from the local vendors that warranty is a pain for them. So your approach is quite advanced.
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
    jonny88
  • CMadatMe
    GW said:

Right on, so your supply house does the filing with the warranty provider, or the contractor does the paperwork?

You just simply provide me the homeowner information, boiler model serial you sold the warranty on and we take care of the rest. You are billed for it, then at the end of each month you receive a credit towards 50% of the costs on all you sold in that month. Can't talk price but it ends up costing peanuts.

• GW
    That's great, way to go.

I would do a backflip if my lo local Viessmann vendor offered rhis.
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com