Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Muliple codensate pumps connected to one common pumped drain line.

bnjmn
bnjmn Member Posts: 53
I have taken on a nightmare repair job. Newly constructed vacation home, 4 air handlers 1 condensing boiler. Probably one of the worst installs I have come across. All the air handlers are installed in a crawlspace, all air handlers use condensate pumps to remove condensate. But the installers daisy changed all the discharge lines from one air handler to the next. Air handler #1 condensate is pumped to #2, #1 and #2 then pumped to #3 and so on.

I am going to redo all the condensate discharge lines. What I would like to do is connect all 5 of these discharge lines to 1 common non sloped generously sized drain line. I have never done this before. This crawlspace is a rats nest and would be very diffucult to run all these lines to where I need to discharge.

Does anyone see any problems with this or have you done this?

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 24,092
    Sounds lovely. One does wonder...

The only thing I might do to make the whole thing a little nicer conceptually is bring the drain lines from the individual pumps into the common drain either from the top or at no more than 45 degrees off to one side or the other from the top. Reduces the possibility of one pump somehow getting a backflow to another one... in addition to check valves, of course.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England