Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Natural Gas Water Boil and Jet Sizes

Options
Johnny62
Johnny62 Member Posts: 1
I have a restaurant owner who want to buy several of my aluminum crawfish pots that I sell. The pot, half full of water would equal to about 20 gallons. His natural gas supply is 2psi. I have only used jets designed for propane. What would I need to do differently. Also, what is the heating ratio difference, the time to boil water from propane pressure to commercial natural gas 2psi?

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    It is probably going to be easiest to get the correct jet (or at least the size) from the manufacture.
    As far as pressure goes, the restaurant likely has 2 PSI coming from the meter which is then stepped down at each appliance to something less than a 1/2 psi (likely 7" WC). The manufacture should be able to give you the new regulator info as well.
    If you strike out with the manufacture, if you post all the specs of the burner, there are some real smart folks on here that could figure out what size you need.
    The output and boiling times should not change significantly if the conversion is done correctly.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein