Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Loch in a shop

Options
Harvey Ramer
Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,239
Real-estate comes at a premium.

#wastenospace
jonny88TinmanSWEIRobert O'BrienIronman

Comments

• NYplumber
    NYplumber Member Posts: 503
    Options
    Very nice work. Keep posting these jobs.
    :NYplumber:
    Harvey Ramer
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,157
    Options
    Nothing wrong with that, keeps it out of harms way.
    I like how you have it all the way up on the concrete, Ill bet it runs nice and quiet.
    Good for you on the venting material choice also.

Picture perfect install, nice work!
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    Harvey Ramer
  • bmwpowere36m3
    bmwpowere36m3 Member Posts: 512
    Options
    Nice and clean… man, if more installs looked like that!
    Harvey Ramer
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,701
    Options
    Where does the condensate pump pump to?
    Just curious as I don't see the hose anywhere.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,766
    Options
    Nice work as always Harvey .
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
    Harvey Ramer
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    Very nice!!
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
    Harvey Ramer
  • Harvey Ramer
    Options
    ChrisJ said:

Where does the condensate pump pump to?
    Just curious as I don't see the hose anywhere.

If you look on the upper left of the picture you can see a 3/4" pvc pipe exiting the wall @ a 45° angle. That's where the condensate is going. Designed to prevent any freezing or ice jams.

There's no sanitary drain in the building.

@hot rod It is very quiet. You can hear it at full fire but when it modulates down you hardly can tell it's running.

ChrisJ
  • EzzyT
    EzzyT Member Posts: 1,295
    Options
    Beautiful job. How do like those mega-press fittings?
    E-Travis Mechanical LLC
    Etravismechanical@gmail.com
    201-887-8856
  • Harvey Ramer
    Options
    I like mega press. They sure come in handy. I always use a mixture of regular blk fittings and nipples and mega press keeps me from having to thread any pipe.
    347 Member Posts: 143
    Options
    Harvey,
    Its a very nice looking job. You said their is no sanitary drain in the building, where did you dump the condensate? I bidding a similar job and there is on drain to get rid of the condensate.
    thanks
    Harvey Ramer
  • Tom_133
    Tom_133 Member Posts: 884
    Options
    Harvey, Great job looks good! One question about the 45 degree angle, I have always wanted to do that but have always been too scared that it would freeze, have you had any freeze ups?

I am in Central Vermont so it gets stupid cold for weeks at a time (not this year though so far) and I would pipe in a wye to overflow so the boiler wouldn't shut down but the amount of condensate these boilers can produce scares me a bit.

Thanks

Tom
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
    Harvey Ramer
  • Harvey Ramer
    Options
    Tom said:

Harvey, Great job looks good! One question about the 45 degree angle, I have always wanted to do that but have always been too scared that it would freeze, have you had any freeze ups?

I am in Central Vermont so it gets stupid cold for weeks at a time (not this year though so far) and I would pipe in a wye to overflow so the boiler wouldn't shut down but the amount of condensate these boilers can produce scares me a bit.

Thanks

Tom

I haven't had any problems.

I wouldn't do it piped gravity drain direct from the boiler though. That's just asking for trouble. The way this works is you get a whole slug of warm condensate whenever the pump runs. It can quickly and completely drain from the 45° pvc pipe to well inside the heated envelope. I try to make sure that it drains back far enough so cold air ingress through the pipe won't cause freezing. Also pipe everything with tight fittings to preserve weather-tight integrity.
  • Robert O'Connor_12
    Robert O'Connor_12 Member Posts: 728
    Options
    nice looking job
    Harvey Ramer