Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

3/8" two hole pipe clip

thats what i would call it. some would call it pipe clamp. i'm looking for a plastic flat style pipe clip for tubing size. so regular 1/2" and 3/4" nom (5/8 and 7/8 OD) are readily available. but 3/8" (1/2" OD)f. Being one of those odd ducks who prefers 3/8" in many circumstances I find that the industry has all but abandoned this size that has so much promise, tighter radius. smaller holes drilled through stuff. i get that the tubing isn't cheaper than 1/2" and doesn't carry as much btus or deliver as much volume at pressure but i find many circumstances where it is useful. i can get the less robust one hole clips, but i'm looking for the heavier two hole style if anyone has ever seen any. thanks, brian

Comments

• Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    How about 3/8 BX one holers? Use them all the time
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,786
    for copper? Or pex? Like Bob,I use either single or two hole EMT conduit straps, galv steel or plastic. If the copper sweats you need to insulate to prevent corrosion between the galv and copper, or use plastic straps.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    Bob Bona_4
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    I did radiant walls in a stairwell a couple of years ago, with some JoistTrac on Hardibacker. The BX clips were perfect for securing and routing.
    SWEIZman
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Sioux Chief 501-1
  • archibald tuttle
    archibald tuttle Member Posts: 1,094
    thanks for the ideas,

i'm familiar with the single hole BX clips. and the copper coated 501-1 style. that may be my goto here although i would have preferred a 559-1, i.e. the 1/2" OD size of this clip http://www.siouxchief.com/products/support/supply-hangers/plastic-cts/tube-hangers/ezglide-tube-clamp
    the sioux chief plastic ezglide style two hole clamp which is a CTS style that i use for both copper and pex.

i do sometimes use the single hole plastic style and i used several of those offsetting in this case (actually wasn't pipe but a three stem show valve that i wanted to secure to plywood on the back side of the shower enclosure. those metal clips would have been OK but prefer plastic rather than coated steel but don't think there would have been a callback in my lifetime.

still, it was another chance to vent that the lack of full support for 3/8" piping means people don't use it which means manufacturers don't support it. (i had to bend over double to find a 550-M1 , i.e. 3/8" bend support . . . not to mention how many months salary you gotta unload to get a Veiga 46001 or 46002 (3/8 pex x 3/8" comp. straight and angle stops respectively).

but i can't complain about the veiga price targets on those cause i haven't even found any other manufacturer supporting 3/8 stop valves.

maybe we can have a meeting of the 3/8" 12-step group at AHR this winter. even if they kick us out as homeless, orlando ain't so bad at that time of year.