Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus U154-24K low hot water pressure

Options
brommer
brommer Member Posts: 1
About 2 years back I had a brand new Buderus U154-24K installed by my landlord and the pressure is at exactly 1 in a range of 0-4. I live on the 10th floor of a 10 storey building and although cold water pressure is below acceptable the hot water is very low. Is there any way to turn a knob on this device and increase the hot water pressure without having to call the company who installed it?

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    What country are you in? I'm not familiar with the Buderus model you listed since it's not a U.S. Model. I'm assuming it's a boiler and not a tankless domestic water heater. In either case, there's no knob that you can turn to change it.

If it's a boiler, being slightly over 1 bar = about 15 psi, which would be the proper range if the boiler was on the top floor.

If it's a domestic water heater, then that pressure is obviously too low, but the issue would lie beyond the appliance in the buildings water pressure. The only thing in the appliance that could be related is a clogged inlet screen or fouled heat exchanger. Still, the pressure would rise to normal when there was no draw of water at a fixture.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.