Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

maxitrol 325 Q....

Options
kcopp
kcopp Member Posts: 4,433
In order for a Maxitrol 325 L # to " regulator to work....must you have 2# of gas feeding it? Can you have standard gas pressure on one side to start then have it boosted later?
I have a job where the existing gas line in a home crawlspace is undersized. I need to add a couple appliances. Tankless WH and a gas range....
The house is occupied and want to add these but at the same time the gas company will not just run out there and make the regulator changes when I ask.
Can I install them then get the gas company to run by in a couple days?
ty,kcopp

Comments

• Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Options
    Volume is where you will be lacking with the undersized line. Pressure from the meter should be OK, as long as the correct size gas line is installed to accommodate the total of the new appliances.
  • kcopp
    Options
    Great. That's what I needed to know. They will certainty have to pick and choose what they want to run and when....at least until the gas company gets out there. Hopefully that is a matter of a couple days.... not weeks. :#
  • Empire_2
    Options
    Kcopp, is it a hard to work place, This crawlspace?
  • kcopp
    Options
    yes. 30" all crushed stone. +50' from one end to the other. Meter on one end the new gas range (108k) and tankless (60k) gas dryer (30k) and a fha furnace on the other. Plus another fha in the middle. 1 1/4" gas main the length. Needs to be 1 1/2"
  • Empire_2
    edited November 2015
    Options
    What happens if you use.5 pressure loss instead of .3 per Nat.Fuel? Would that 1 1/4 work or is it border line? Jus curious.
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,628
    Options
    You might try Size-It to double check the gas line size. It's made to size csst, but it has a hybrid style, a piped main with csst runs to the equip. I guessed at a few things, and it comes up with 1-1/4 at .5" drop. That won't help with low inlet pressure to the regulator, but it might keep you out of the crawlspace!
  • kcopp
    edited November 2015
    Options
    That would be great but the water heater is 160K (my typo) ....you have 60K.
    BTW. That is a great program....