Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Warmboard question

jb9
jb9 Member Posts: 104
edited October 2015 in Radiant Heating
Hello,

I read something in the Warmboard technical literature that stated "Warmboard's thick aluminum can interfere with wireless connectivity in your home." The possibility of internet wireless connectivity issues is not something that concerns me. If, however, one were to extrapolate that perhaps one's cell phone might not be functional inside one's home, I would be concerned. Can anyone who uses this product in their 2-story home (with the product installed on the 2nd floor) confirm that this concern is valid or not? I would hate to go to the trouble and expense of installing the product only to find out I can't use my cell phone at home. I do not know the answer to this question. I am simply doing my research.

Thanks.

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,168
    I can't speak for Warmboard -- but I can speak for expanded metal lathe for real plaster. It plays havoc with wi-fi in the building, and that, at least, drops the cell phone signal by at least two bars. I imagine Warmboard might do much the same.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    Bob Bona_4
  • Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,766
    edited October 2015
    That's correct . I might add that graphite does none of these things . I might also state that the Warmboard will look like hell in your floor / ceiling detail .
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
  • jb9
    jb9 Member Posts: 104
    Interesting thoughts to consider. No matter what system I go with, I will undoubtedly put drywall between the floor joists to cover up the subfloor material.
  • Warmboard
    Warmboard Member Posts: 2
    Can confirm that our aluminum can inhibit wireless signals. We recommend a Wifi repeater to resolve this – they cost about $20-50 on the low end. Cell signal boosters can also help.

For what its worth, we have over 27 million square feet of product installed throughout North America, and we don't really hear complaints about this. Hope that helps.
    rick in AlaskaBig-DCanucker