Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Pinnacle v.s. Munchkin

Options
boilermate
boilermate Member Posts: 4
I'm working on a Pinnacle PI-80 that has a dead blower motor. I've swapped out the control board to no result (fault code F-13). I want to confirm with you guys who have more experience with this Pinnacle series, that parts are basically interchangeable between the PI-80 and the essentially similar Munchkin 80M. Is the Munchkin blower - part #7250-085 a direct replacement for the Peerless blower - part #91546? Since the Munchkin part is available for about 1/3 the cost of the Peerless part, there is a lot of $$ to be saved by going with the 80M part!

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,621
    Options
    You need to contact either Peerless or HTP for the answer to that. I do not have the two I & O manuals handy or I would look it up.
  • wcs5050
    wcs5050 Member Posts: 131
    Options
    I think it's worth the gamble with that cost difference. Same boiler, different tag.
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    Options
    Pinnacle is re-labelled HTP. I agree with wcs.
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,621
    Options
    I would be careful when dealing with electronic boards as they can have the very slightest difference and yet still look the same. As stated I would check with manufacturers.
  • boilermate
    boilermate Member Posts: 4
    Options
    To answer my own question: YES, the Munchkin 80M blower is an exact replacement for the Pinnacle PI-80. Installed it today, and their are smiles on the folks faces. Saved them a lot of cash too!
    Bob Bona_4