Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Secret Life of Machines

Options
Robert O'Brien
Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
4JohnpipeZman

Comments

• BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,478
    Options
    Interesting flick, I like the glowing cannon balls

They use cast iron balls heated with gas for some clam bakes.

I always just collected rocks and layered them with wood scarfing. After about an hour or two you rake out ant burning embers and cover the hot rocks with seaweed and burlap bags of food to be cooked. Then you cover everything with a good tarp (or a rug), bury the edges and watch it puff up with steam.

About 30-60 minutes later dinner is served.

Bob
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,706
    Options
    There's an edition on this about the monitor top. :)
    Good show.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
    Robert O'Brien
  • Quercus
    Quercus Member Posts: 61
    Options
    I used to love that show. It was back when you could learn watching the learning channel. How things have changed.
  • ChrisJ
    Options
    Quercus said:

I used to love that show. It was back when you could learn watching the learning channel. How things have changed.

How It's Made is still on TV and I consider that pretty decent, no?

Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • Quercus
    Options
    I have seen that but always enjoyed the creativity of Secret Life. It is the show that got me to pay for cable way back when. I always made time on Wednesday nights for it.
  • ChrisJ
    Options
    Quercus said:

I have seen that but always enjoyed the creativity of Secret Life. It is the show that got me to pay for cable way back when. I always made time on Wednesday nights for it.

How It's Made is pretty decent.

https://youtu.be/nRwa8msCbP0
  • Quercus
    Options
    Ooooh! My first heating help fight.

I think it's like a Munsters / Addams family thing. I don't dislike How it's Made, I just preferred Secret Life. It's grittier.
    ChrisJ
  • ChrisJ
    Options
    Quercus said:

Ooooh! My first heating help fight.

I think it's like a Munsters / Addams family thing. I don't dislike How it's Made, I just preferred Secret Life. It's grittier.

If you want to fight you're gonna have to find someone else. :p

That's fine, I just wanted you to know there's more on tv now than the Kardasians and similar garbage. I'm not sure if I spelled their name right and can't be bothered to check.

I can't stand reality tv which is 90% scripted and a bunch of fake drama. I spend most of my time watching old shows on netflix and hulu plus these days.
  • BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,478
    Options
    God bless Youtube for all the documentaries and old movies people have uploaded. Add to that all the great old music.

Bob
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge
    ChrisJTinman
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    Options
    I love YouTube because it allows me to relive my youth. Music videos of Yes, Rush, Robin Trower, Tull, and others. Not too much work related stuff.
    Steve Minnich