Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

PI-80 Peerless and hammer issue

Options
kanecats
kanecats Member Posts: 15
Hello All-I have been having an issue with boiling and hammer when my boiler cycles on. Right now it is calling for Indirect hot water, since it is not cold enough for heating yet. Sometimes the boiler functions for months, and other times it continues to create steam. I have found no rhyme or reason as to why. I have had the boiler repiped and it is still a problem. A taco 0011 was added to the IDHW loop to push more volume and that apparently is not working either. The IDHW was tied in on the primary loop, and it is now being suggested to pipe it to the secondary, so that the boiler has a more consistent flow, especially with the 0011 pump. Any thoughts as I am getting really frustrated at throwing money at this and not getting resolution? I live in NJ and there is not a lot of radiant/boiler contractors, let alone ones who know Peerless...

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,458
    Options
    If the boiler is making steam -- which, on a hot water system it is not supposed to do! -- it means that you may not have enough circulation through your primary loop or probably the aquastat which controls the boiler water temperature isn't functioning properly. Or both. Check the aquastat first; it's cheaper.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England