Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Solo 110 Outdoor Reset Parameter Question.

Options
smithfan
smithfan Member Posts: 91
edited October 2015 in THE MAIN WALL
I'm a novice, but I'm learning:)
I have a TT Presitage Solo 110. I recently dialed in my Outdoor Reset Curve, and even though early in the heating season, it seems to be working well. I notice that in the manual, there is a parameter for the "Boost function". With this function you simply input an amount of time that if the stat is not satisfied in, it will ramp up water temp to get it there faster, helping recovery time.

I should note, I'm not going to be using much of a setback now that I have the odr dialed in, however in case I want to in the future, I have a few questions. With the boost function, isn't there another parameter that I also tell the boiler at what increments to increase the water temp at, or is there a default increment I cannot adjust? Meaning, the only thing I need to do to activate the boost function is enter in the amount of minutes.

Lastly, can someone explain the "parallel shift function" to me? I can't find anything anywhere online or in my manual about what this does!!

Thanks in advance!!!

Comments

• smithfan
    Options
    anyone?
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,572
    Options
    Which controller do you have? It does not sound like the trimax.
    It sounds like you have several zones with outdoor reset and your system will not be a good fit from either function. They function a little differently. I can try to explain the function of I know which controller?
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • smithfan
    Options
    I have 3 zones. 1 basement which is infloor/slab heat. 2 upstairs which are fin tube. I don't have an external controller if that's what you mean. I simply enter the MCBA access code which then gives me access to all the parameter settings. The 110 came with it's own outdoor sensor.
  • smithfan
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I misunderstood..This is the Prestige, not Trimax
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,572
    Options
    That info is noticeably missing in the manuals. If I remember correctly, the boost will increase the temp a set amount( 10 degrees?) after the amount of time you select. It also continues to increase at the same rate until the call goes away.
    The parallel shift is just that. It increases the temp at a rate parallel to the reset curve.
    The reason that I don't recommend them is that the controller cannot tell which load is calling. If zone 1 satisfies but is overlapped by a call from zone 2, then 3. The boiler thinks it is falling behind and cranks up the temp when really all is well.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • smithfan
    Options
    I see what you mean, so really they would only work properly if you using 1 zone at a time. I plan on leaving things as they are anyway.. If I run into trouble maintaining a comfortable temp, I'll just tweak my reset curve.
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Options
    PM me and I'll send you the control supplement PDF that describes all this in detail.