Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

US Boiler Report

Options
Robert O'Brien
Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
Rich_49kcoppTinmanZman

Comments

• ttekushan_3
    ttekushan_3 Member Posts: 958
    Options
    That's a very fine article on Our Founder! Actually it's a pretty nice publication overall.

It gave me quite a start, though, because the juxtaposition of the photo, the word "legacy" and the "dead men" part of the steam school made me think that Dan has "passed on" rather than merely retiring from the lecture circuit. :-)

Relieved that no eulogy is immediately required, I still want to take this opportunity to observe Dan's legacy. The impact of "The Lost Art of Steam Heating" on the survival of steam heating, I believe is profound. And I feel gifted to have discovered this forum, what, 9 years ago or so.

I credit the "Lost Art" and the heatinghelp forum with my decision to enter the steam heating business after a previous career that tangentially gave me stewardship of a recalcitrant steam heating system.

I look forward to Dan's continuing writing. He sure is a good story teller! It's become clear that the website is in very good hands, so he should have the time! Right?
    terry
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,530
    Options
    Thanks, Terry (and Bob). Dan Vastyan did a fine job on this and Erin and I are delighted to be in the newsletter. She and I, and the rest of the family, are vacationing in Cape May this week, and this made all of us smile. Hug your kids.
    Retired and loving it.
    Robert O'BrienMark Eatherton