Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Coleman in a Winnibago

Options
beezer
beezer Member Posts: 21
I have a 1976 Winnie that has a Coleman forced air heater model 4328. it crapped out & I think it is the control board. there are no parts available from Coleman because the heater is long out of production. there is a generic board available, but I want to do some trouble shooting first (and they don't ship to AK). anyway, I've been looking for information on the wiring & coming up zip. anybody have the diagram for the heater, the installation instructions, or better yet, a schematic of the PC board? or, can you point me in the right direction. thanks

Comments

• SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Options
    Buy a new heater and sleep well, knowing you are much safer.
    RobG
  • RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    edited July 2015
    Options
    SWEI said:

Buy a new heater and sleep well, knowing you are much safer.

Agree 100%. A forty year old mobile home furnace is not worth the liability or investment of repairing. As it is a mobile home, it may not have many hours on it, however it has the age of Methuselah. All of the gaskets and seals are probably dry rotted and will cause a dangerous environment. I wish I had some more cheerfull advice.
    Zman
  • beezer
    Options
    ya well.... it looks like new otherwise... including the heat exchanger
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    the term closet bomb comes to mind :)

It may look fine, but seals, diaphragms and o-rings dry out after that long. An LP leak, along with a source of ignition can be a very bad thing in a small space, especially.

I've been looking at Airstreams and they offer some very nice dual fuel heaters, I'm sure they could be sourced online via RV supplies.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • beezer
    Options
    I appreciate your concerns, but, ahhhhh.... just so you know, I have 40 years as an aircraft mechanic dealing with all aircraft systems, including environmental, heating, & pressurization. my electrical is better than average.... I have taught systems and theory at the airline level as well as trade school. I either have, or have access to all professional level test equipment and have used same in my career.

all I am asking for is information
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    Not questioning your skills, you sound very qualified. But the ability to find parts and make sure it is a safe operating device when you finish is the concern.

Did you try some of the RV chat rooms or Coleman directly? Many manufacturers keep data on obsolete products they have built.

This site has info regarding old Coleman heaters and the same caution as you received here.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream