Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus GB 142-60 Controls on/ off switch failure

Amro
Amro Member Posts: 3
Hello there every one, hope i will be able to get some help in this mater.
I woke up today to cold shower water only to find out that my boiler is not on at ll ( Buderus GB 142-60)
I tried to switch on and off few times, no help, and I also checked the electrical panel for any shorts with no luck.
Any ideas what might be going wrong in here please.
I appreciate any response.
Thanks
Amro

Comments

• jonny88
    jonny88 Member Posts: 1,139
    Are you getting an error code on boiler?If so what is it.
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,609
    It sounds like you either have no power to the boiler at all or a blown fuse at the controller (often a sign of a another problem).
    If you are comfortable with an electrical meter, you could check those items, otherwise you will need a tech.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • jonny88
    Just had a 7 yr old indirect glass lined fail.It is so hard to tell customers.Had a rep come to a job on a 6a error.We went through everything but didnt want to start replacing components without being sure.Tech service here did the best they could.When rep came he actually called Germany for support ended up being a fan.(which he charged for $400.This is the problem we are installing advanced systems but unfortunatly in this case Budures was a let down as indirect is shot to.I know the GB142 is a dinosaur but whenever install was performed 7yrs ago it was supposed to be up there,
    Definitly of my list for the future.Oil fired I cant comment on but I know some installers say its a beauty.I know they have upgraded indirect with stainless but it was not available back then now we are having a close to 65% failure rate on indirects.
  • Amro
    well I hired a certified HVAC guy and we located the problem to the UAB module where the fuse had blown..we replaced the fuse and the same thing happened , blew again..
    we tested for continuity with ameter and he gave up after 2 hours of searching.
    I guess i have to call Bosch/ Buderus service Techs, since they might be able to log in with a computer or get a code or something..
    there is no way unless i get an error code, and there is none since the unit does not even turn on.
  • Amro
    I'm thinking about buying a new UAB module which costs $ 500.00. So I don't know whether i should wait for a Tech for proper diagnosis or what..very annoying.
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,609
    Is there power (and neutral) to the controller? Have you checked the fuse?
    Just buying parts can be expensive...
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • jonny88
    WAIT.I can get you a number to call tomorrow.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,556
    Not bad UBA,more than likely blower. Get someone familiar withBuderus
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.