Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Help with radiant zoning

TGO_wife
TGO_wife Member Posts: 48
edited June 2015 in Radiant Heating
Hi, many of you here knew my husband, Tom Schwarz of TGO Mechanical and the caliber of work he did. It's been comforting to read your comments about him & the work he did.
I have been trying without success to find someone to add more to the zoning on the radiant heat system that Tom put in our house. Tom had discussed with me what he was planning to do, adding actuators & thermostats. He didn't get the chance to finish it himself. The gas boiler is a wall hung Lochinvar. The top manifold is for the main floor. The bottom is for the basement.
I contacted the professionals listed at the Knight website with very mixed results. Two came for estimates, but never provided one, even after I followed up with a phone call. One made an appointment & no showed. And two promised to get back to me for an appointment time, but I never heard from them. One estimate I got was from a company that had gotten a few bad online reviews. And then there was one who thought pipe should be cut & moved. I would like to complete the work that Tom had envisioned for our house, but I can't seem to find someone who would be capable of doing it. Also looking for someone to service the system who actually understands it. Is there anyone on Long Island, NY who might be able to help? Located in East Northport.
Thanks, Janice Schwarz

Comments

• TGO_wife
    Thank you
  • 4Johnpipe
    4Johnpipe Member Posts: 480
    Love it when I see the "Wall" work...
    LANGAN'S PLUMBING & HEATING LLC
    Considerate People, Considerate Service, Consider It Done!
    732-751-1560
    email: langansph@yahoo.com
    www.langansplumbing.com
    TGO_wifeJean-David Beyer
  • RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    Janice, If you ever have any heating or plumbing issues in the future please come here first. It will save you allot of time verses the waiting game you have been playing with those other folks you called.
    Jean-David BeyerSWEI
  • Jean-David Beyer
    Jean-David Beyer Member Posts: 2,666
    If they make you wait just to come to make an estimate or give you a quotation, guess how long you would have to wait if you select one of those and you have a problem.
    TGO_wife
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,918
    No worries kids, we're taking care of this for Janice. It will be an honor to do this for Her in the spirit of a damn - fine heating man. Mad Dog
    TGO_wifeRobGJean-David Beyer
  • Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,766
    You're not done with this yet mad Dog ?
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,525
    Mad Dog, you da man!
    Retired and loving it.
    Jean-David Beyer
  • Mad Dog_2
    Doing this in my spare time, Rich. Mad Dog
    Jean-David Beyer
  • Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,766
    Damn , misunderstood again ! Does anyone have a sense of humor or was it lost the minute we began communicating electronically ?
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
  • Mad Dog_2
    No problem, bud. Generally, If I dont know someone, I'm not sure how it was meant. BTW, I am Matt Mad Dog Sweeney from the Old Days. Peace, brother Rich. MD
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    I am glad that Matt stepped up and took over, but her initial response and a lack thereof of the "professionals" she'd contact is a sad story about our industry indeed...

Professionals is a major misuse of the term. It shows a continuous need for contractor education, not only in the wrench turning aspect, but also on the business of running a business.

If you make an appointment, keep it. If you kept it and decided you are not a good fit for the job, admit it and move on. Don't leave the consumer hanging out to dry.

A sad commentary for sure.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
    SWEIRobGTinman
  • TGO_wife
    I couldn't agree more. I was truly shocked by the level of unprofessional "professionals". Even more disappointing were the people that offered to help me with the heat and AC after Tom's passing and then did not follow through with those promises. It truly saddens me and left me in a more difficult place. I was and am completely lost without my Man. So I ask if someone has a tragedy occur, don't promise something you can't fulfill. And then, if you find that you are unable to help, at least have the courtesy to say so. Thank you.
    Rich_49