Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

guarddog RD-24E

this guarddog RD-24E come with boiler Weil Mcclain CGA-5. there are 4 wire, 2 yellow, one red and one white for 24 v power connection, Since I am not using zone valve, do not need extra external 24 v transformer, can I connect this guarddog RD-24E to the inside boiler control 24 v transformer? the Weil Mcclain CGA-5 using model 1135-605 ( or 381-330-010-6) controller.


  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,447
    Is it an RB-24E?
    It looks like option 1 would be appropriate for your installation.
    It only draws 2.5 Va.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • heatingdpeng
    heatingdpeng Member Posts: 35
    yes, you are right, RB-24E, sorry my mistake. Would you please point me how do I connect to that 24 V transformer on the controller, picture enclosed. My plumber said he did not know how to connect all the control. On the controller right hand corner, come in L1 and L2 (120v), right below is 4 pins transformer connection, is that blue and yellow line is transformer R and C ? Is there other place on the controller board I can plug the RB-24E in which is 24 V ?

  • heatingdpeng
    heatingdpeng Member Posts: 35
    Here is the picture