Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Help combat the mis information

Options
Rich_49
Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,766
You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
732-751-1560
Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
Rich McGrath 732-581-3833

Comments

• Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,766
    Options
    Maybe we can help this woman get what she wants before she is scared away with nonsense form the GURU of GREEN .
    At the least we can furnish her with proper information to make her decision based on fact and not myth .
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
    njtommy
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Options
    One down.
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    I'd join in the conversation, but Martin has me on "ignore"... :-) Good job Rich and Kurt on your efforts tho.

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    Options

I'd join in the conversation, but Martin has me on "ignore"... :-) Good job Rich and Kurt on your efforts tho.

ME

So much for an "open" forum. Which discussion did you happen to disagree with Martin about?
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    Martin lives In a very black and white world.
    "(Am)musing of an energy nerd"
    It is annoying when he leads clients astray....
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
    Harvey RamerBobbyBoy
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    RobG said:

ME

So much for an "open" forum. Which discussion did you happen to disagree with Martin about?
    I've gone loggerheads with him a couple of times. He's not a big fan of radiant comfort. Typical general contractor with the attitude of "It's just heat..." Has no concept of thermal comfort. I, Robert Bean and others have tried setting him straight, to no avail. The one good thing about his mis-spoutings is that there are good people out there like Rich, Kurt and many members of this forum who set him straight in such a professional manner that I think the other people following along with the conversation can see who knows what they're talking about, and who doesn't. People will make up their own minds, given the opportunity and information. Personally, I'd like to meet him face to face some time and bend some ears and elbows, but I doubt that will ever happen.

For the most part, he appears to be well educated from the school of hard knocks and construction. It's just his misunderstanding of overall human comfort, and how we as hydronicians have answers and solutions to every comfort factor known to mankind (radiant and hydronics) that is lacking

:-)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

SWEIRobG
  • njtommy
    njtommy Member Posts: 1,105
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Whats he trying to sell them on forced air and ductless splits? Air is an insulator and takes more energy to heat air then it does to heat water.