Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

It happens every year

Options
RobG
RobG Member Posts: 1,850
You can tell when the heating season is over and the A/C systems have not yet been turned on, the wall gets much less graffiti. :'(
GordyHarvey RamerZman

Comments

• Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Options
    You can say a good deed has been done eh?
    Harvey RamerRobG
  • Harvey Ramer
    Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,239
    Options
    A brief respite before AC season. Last summer, I belive it was, I came across a R410A AC system with a leak that some enterprising fellow tried to seal with duct tape. It wasn't even the gorilla kind. He went cheap on the tape. I can't even understand why someone would use the cheap tape to fix a 410A leak.. lol

Wonder what's in pandora's box this year??
    AlCorelliNY
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,576
    Options
    Maybe it was the low pressure side where the leak was!--NBC
    RobG
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Options

A brief respite before AC season. Last summer, I belive it was, I came across a R410A AC system with a leak that some enterprising fellow tried to seal with duct tape. It wasn't even the gorilla kind. He went cheap on the tape. I can't even understand why someone would use the cheap tape to fix a 410A leak.. lol

Wonder what's in pandora's box this year??

It was the best thing in arms reach. Who would want to go to the store to get gorilla tape. Let alone have a proper repair done (sarcasm).
    Harvey Ramer
  • FranklinD
    FranklinD Member Posts: 399
    Options
    Still heating season here ;) It's been in the low 30's at night for the last 2 weeks now. One day where it hit 60 by the late afternoon, but I won't count that due to the 40 mph winds. Lost a few shingles.

Boilers will run intermittently through the middle of May around here. My house is 3 blocks from the NW shore of Lake Superior, and when that East Wind blows, it can drop the temp 30 degrees in 10 minutes. Keeps the mosquitos at bay :p
    Ford Master Technician, "Tinkerer of Terror"
    Police & Fire Equipment Lead Mechanic, NW WI
    Lover of Old Homes & Gravity Hot Water Systems