Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

ones embassy fire-up problem

Options
cpro
cpro Member Posts: 2
Here's another Onex issue- a unit I installed 5 years ago won't fire up. The flame comes on, runs for a few seconds, and snuffs out. I've replaced the ignition electrodes and the flame sensor, and even took the whole burner assembly out and tried it in another unit, where it worked fine. I also replaced the power control board- same problem. It won't stay lit even when I force it with the + - buttons, so I can't check the combustion settings. Any thoughts?

Comments

• kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
    Options
    Grounded properly? Gas pressure ok? Where you located?
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,625
    Options
    When you say it snuffs out define "snuffs out" is it floating around just exactly what is the flame doing. During the time it is lit and running (few seconds) what do you have for microamps.

Check air intake and exhaust for any blockage, the fact that the burner assembly worked fine in another unit says the problem is somewhere in the equipment. Also make sure your pressure switch and combustion blower are working correctly. Finally check the condensate line .
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,625
    Options
    Are you getting any diagnostic codes when it fails?
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
    Options
    Don't you just love it when someone drops a problem on the board and then never answers any questions we have about a solution....
  • Abracadabra
    Abracadabra Member Posts: 1,948
    Options
    1 post wonders