Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

water loss

Options
bubbad
bubbad Member Posts: 15

have no visible leaks,that i can find,all piping is visible,PB says evaporation rate of .15 gpm,boiler holds 9.3gals.don't see any steam from chimney,i estimate i add about a gallon to a gallon and a half per week,running t-stat @ 69 degree 24/7,done everything but flood boiler to check for leaks.i'm trying to be sure if this adding this water is normal or do i have a problem,other than water loss everything seems great

Comments

• Abracadabra
    Abracadabra Member Posts: 1,948
    Options
    Any hidden, underground wet returns? No leaking unions? All radiator valve packing and spud nuts are not leaking?
  • bubbad
    Options
    no underground returns ,no leaks that i can find
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Options
    Are you estimating that or does your feeder have a counter.
  • Abracadabra
    Abracadabra Member Posts: 1,948
    Options
    bubbad said:

no underground returns ,no leaks that i can find

how did you look for leaks? not to be sarcastic or anything, but water doesn't just disappear. The water is either leaking out or leaving as steam.

• bubbad
    Options
    no counter,but i catch drain in a one gal measuring can and watch how far the glass goes down
  • bubbad
    Options
    thanks guys,for making me double check,i found a leaking spud nut,the installer checked everything upon install,in his defense these rads move a lot more than they did with the old boiler,you can hear them creaking and see new marks on floors lot more expansion than before,all my thanks to the guys that took time to respond