Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Snow melt

Snowmelt
Snowmelt Member Posts: 1,422
Just on a side note my snow melt is working just fine.

Robert O'Connor_12Ironman

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,440
    Please tell me your trick: how did you get it to work without being connected to the Tees at the heater?
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
    RobG
  • Snowmelt
    Lol, I'm on a different pc, so I don't have all my pics, there scattered on a few pcs.
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,578
    Do you end up with a patch of ice at the end of the drive, as the melt water flows onto unheated ground?
    That drive would be a good advertisement for your services. Just tell the prospective customer to drive by your address, and see for themselves how it works.--NBC
  • Snowmelt
    That's what I thought would happen but nope it evaperates on impact with ground, as long as it keeps snowing the ground looks wet. When it stops snowing the drivewAy dries up.
    The other good/great thing about it is there's no ice patches in the driveway. Before the snowmelt the snow used to turn to ice then just be a pain in the **** to walk on. We would have to do the slow tippy toe to the car.
    With that being said, no puddles of water. And the snow on sidewalk accumulates so we still neeed the snow blower for the walkway and front stairs.
  • KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,764
    My next house will have this....I really don't care how much it costs either. Even if I have to downsize the house I will have this. That is the coolest (warmest?) thing ever.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
  • KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,764
    Okay now this has my mind working (dangerous). Can this be done to a more remote location? So my current house the parking area is about 80' from the main house and right next to a detached garage. Can something like this be done in a remote location like this? Basically boiler in the house and snowmelt out by the garage? I am not doing it here, but I am curious what the limitations are.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
  • Snowmelt
    Yes, you can do it with injections pumping, I seen a snow melt system like that to. Basically where you put your manifold the minimum you have your litter length the better off you are.
    Or why don't you use some underground gas line and put a boiler in the garage.
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    You can do anything you want.

Just not everything you want.

Choices.
    KC_JonesIronman
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,787
    KC_Jones said:

Okay now this has my mind working (dangerous). Can this be done to a more remote location? So my current house the parking area is about 80' from the main house and right next to a detached garage. Can something like this be done in a remote location like this? Basically boiler in the house and snowmelt out by the garage? I am not doing it here, but I am curious what the limitations are.

There are outdoor boilers available also, usually the copper tube brands like Lochinvar. Run a gasoline and electricity to the location.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Snowmelt
    Now that I think of it, I saw this done with a pool heater, I really didn't trouble shoot or get involved but it was working